- 100,000 Poets for Change. Do you want to join other poets, musicians, and artists around the world in a demonstration/celebration to promote peace, sustainability and justice..: and to call for serious social, environmental and political change? Sept. 29th, 2018 is the next Global Event Day!
- Alternatives Journal (Canada)
- Art & Activism of the Anthropocene Series. April 9/19 and May 9 | Open to the public | Members’ Room | free of charge | advance registration required. I will leave this up for transcripts.
- Artists and Climate Change Incubator (The Arctic Circle). New York City, August 6-10.
- ASLE 2019 Biennial Conference. UC Davis, June 25-29, 2019.
- Banff Writing Events. See calendar for mountain and wilderness writing.’
- Barbara Kingsolver events
- Book Arsenal Fair in Kyiv: The theme of this year’s Book Arsenal is “The Project of the Future. May 30-June 3. Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Burke Museum Environmental Writing
- Eco-Lit’s List of Environmental Humanities Programs.
- Environmental Institute of Australia and New Zealand. Events calendar.
- Iceland’s Writer’s Retreat. Several of my eco-writer colleagues, including Claudia Casper and Isaac Yuen, have attended in the past.
- Orion Writing Workshops. Sunday, June 10 – Friday, June 15, 2018. The workshop will be held at the Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, New York.
- Society of Environmental Journalists (SEJ): Awards and contests
- Twitter Chat: Use #solarpunk the 3rd Saturday of every month, at noon EST, to discuss all types of ecological fiction, including solar and ecopunk genres.
- University of Essex, MA Wild Writing: Literature, Landscape and the Environment (course). October 2018.
Contests and Submission Call-outs
- Adorning our new biosphere: how to love the post-carbon world. Submissions due June 7, 2018 for November conference in UK.
- Aftermath Magazine: This contest is meant to raise people’s awareness of what is happening to our (natural) world right now and what this may mean for the near future. Closes, August 31, 2018.
- Artists and Climate Change. Accepting submissions. Email for more information.
- ASEI Arts: They are currently accepting submissions for full-length visionary eco-fiction manuscripts, to 125,000 words. They also donate to Habitat for Humanity, so it’s pretty cool!
- ASLE 2019: Paradise on Fire conference theme. Proposals accepted until September 2018. Papers due in October. The conference is in Davis, CA–June 2019. The link is to a PDF.
- ASU’s “Everything Change” contest. This is not the first time Arizona State University has called for submissions on climate change, so watch site for future contests.
- Dark Mountain Project’s 14th issue. Deadline: May 18. Watch their site for updated events and news (or join their mailing list).
- Eco-fiction Challenge. Annual contests ending on Earth Day. Contact Alison at Facebook for details. A website is on its way. A world-wide event, just really getting started.
- Eco-zone. Submissions being accepted for 2019–European chapter. Toward an Ecopoetics of Randomness and Design. Guest Editors: Franca Bellarsi and Judith Rauscher. Université libre de Bruxelles and Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg. (Submissions open on 15 May 2018 and close on 15 July 2018).
- Environmental Education Resources. A vast list of resources for writer contests and submissions. Mostly for children and teens.
- Gingko Ecopoetry. Submissions due at midnight, August 15.
- Lightbringer Project. Writers are encouraged to explore scientific, social, technological, environmental, and philosophical themes in their writing and always, at the core, to master the art of great storytelling.
- Post Carbon World: The deadline for submission is 22.00 BST on Thursday June 7, 2018: 250-word abstracts or outlines, be submitted via postcarbon.world/proposal-form/.
- PRE – Pize of the Ecology Novel (April 2018): Literary Ecofiction
- Society of Environmental Journalists (SEJ): Events Calendar
- Siskiyou Prize. Watch site for new contests. Run by Ashland Creek Press.
- Skipping Stones. A multi-cultural list of writing contests.
- Splitrock Review. Now accepting submissions for the Fall 2018 Issue, 2018 Poetry Chapbook Contest, and Waters Deep: A Great Lakes Poetry Anthology.
- Teen Ink. Entries are accepted throughout the year.
- The Goose: The Goose: A Journal of Arts, Environment, and Culture in Canada is seeking submissions for a special issue on the role of art in environmental activism, for publication in spring 2019
- The Hopper’s Environmental Poetry Contest. Deadline July 1, 2018.